Monday, June 20, 2011

I heart the interwebs


This past weekend I was in Utah running the Wasatch Back Ragnar Relay from Logan to Park City (188 miles) with these lovely people.  We all initially met via blogging on the interwebs and we gathered in Utah from Tennessee, Wyoming and Oregon to spend two days running, sweating, stinking and not sleeping.  The weekend went spectacularly well, considering none of us had ever spent a considerable amount of time together.  (Well, other than the dude in camo and the lovely lady.  Those two spend a lot of time together.)  Our team was the Roaming Gnomes, hence the (hand knit) beards, and the red and white striped socks that you can't see.

Running a seven mile leg in the mountains of Utah between 2:00 and 3:00 AM under a full moon was pure magic.  And so was spending the weekend with these people.

7 comments:

  1. Fun! Wish I coulda timed my visit to Utah a little better..!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw some of the pictures from your all's weekend running the Ragnar. I, personally, loved the socks. I want me a pair! Looks like you guys had a blast. The view of the mountains is truly breathtaking. Texted MMJ this afternoon, and she told me she was not coming back home to Tennessee. I can see why! Admittedly, after seeing the pictures, I was ready to hop a plane to Utah!

    All I can say now is that if MMJ and MNJ don't return to Tennessee I will be highly upset. Also, if they decide not to return, I will go and claim their house! Just send me the kids. They are too precious, and I would happily adopt them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will not sleep on a high school gym floor with you anytime, baby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i was jealous of you, so i looked up one of my own, and i'm not going to lie, its expensive. i'd rather just do my own run, and use that money for another trip across the world. but we should go running sometime since i like running and i like you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah - i'm pretty cool! & don't worry, i'll sleep on a gym floor with you again even if mandi won't - HA! it's wednesday & i'm still totally high from the event and totally missing my gnomes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done!!! I'm always so impressed by people who can run for miles on end with ease :)

    ReplyDelete