Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Cell phone pic of the week (POW!)

Friday I went to a movie with some friends. We met at my friend Ginger's house to carpool and I found the above on the floor of her front room. It appears that someone pantsed Elmo and pushed him to the ground. Not cool. Look at those wide eyes as he reaches up with one hand for help. I, of course, had to snap a picture with my cell phone before leaving. I wish I could say that I stopped to help Elmo and his pants up, but I just kept on walking out the door after snapping the picture. Heartless. (cue Kanye)

Then I thought maybe I should start something called cell phone pic of the week. Or maybe just pic of the week so that it can be called POW! Have you captured something ridiculous or disturbing or silly or clever on your cell phone? Send it to me and maybe I'll put it up. The only rule is that it can't be staged by you, you just have to happen upon it and capture it digitally.

This could end up being the first and last installment of POW! It all depends on whether or not you or I find anything worth snapping a picture of.

9 comments:

  1. Oh, and just so you don't think Ginger is a creep, the Elmo doll actually belongs to the nephew of her roommate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Elmo. Publicly humiliated on mean Jon's blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay Jon, the one question I have is simple. Why didn't you help the poor red monster instead of just take its picture? You could have picked him up, pulled his pants up and comforted the poor little guy. Geez!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I came so close to snapping a picture of plumber butt from... the plumber who came to my house to fix the dishwasher. I had a moment of morality though, and felt it was taking advantage of him when he was helping me escape washing dishes by hand. Why don't attractive people ever have plumber butt?

    ReplyDelete
  5. so do we all get to post in this? is it a contest?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, like a contest except for there won't really be a prize. Unless you think having your picture posted on my blog is a prize. So just email or send the pic via phone.

    Crow's View, please don't make me feel more guilt than I already do.

    Ruth, I take it your plumber is not Ryan Reynolds?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahaha, thanks for making me laugh! I'm on a mission to take the most awkward POW. I wish I had known about this while I was in Provo... I saw some pretty weird things :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. No. If he were, we might have an epidemic of all sorts of repairs needed. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Guilt is a good thing, it just means you have a concious.

    ReplyDelete