Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Three Classy Ladies

I have a couple of posts brewing (but not stewing, because beef and barley is gross). It’s a busy week, though and the posts are taking some effort to think through and pull together. In the meantime, here are some gems to keep you entertained. I may have something for tomorrow.

1. Has anyone heard of Elna Baker? I first heard of her in an interview that BCC did for her recently released memoir, The New York Regional Mormon Singles Halloween Dance. She’s a Mormon comedian in NYC and has done bits on NPR and for the Onion. I got her book for my birthday and I’m excited to crack it open.

2. If you have children and a home, you should read my friend Margaret’s blog, bonbonliving. You should also read her blog if you enjoy the writings of a witty, insightful and stylish woman. We used to work together at BYU and passed the time eating microwave popcorn and taking online personality quizzes and downloading music on Napster. Those were the days.

3. If you are wondering how you can help children in Uganda, check out my friend Ellie’s organization, Peace for Paul. It’s a nonprofit that is bringing kids in off the streets and out of the slums and giving them the opportunity to go to school and to live in a more stable and loving environment. They are raising money to buy land for an orphanage and to sponsor more children and could use whatever you are able to give.

There you have it. Three classy ladies. Check them out.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for the intro to more amazing women. We always need more positive influences. I heard a piece of Elna's on This American Life a while back. It was shocking to hear about Mormon singles on NPR. Good shocking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you, Jon! Thank you for getting our NPO's name out there. :)

    ReplyDelete