Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Not Without My Haircut


I got my hair cut over the weekend. The lady who normally cuts it had to leave the country. She went to Iran to try and get her ex husband to sell their house so that she could get her share of the money and come back to America. This is real and not the plot of the sequel to Not Without My Daughter. Although, I might be able to talk Roya into helping me turn her experience into a screenplay. We might even be able to get Sally Field to reprise her role as Betty Mahmoody. I’ll keep you updated on how that goes. In the meantime, however, Roya set me up with another lady at her salon. This lady cut my hair on Saturday and I’m pretty sure she has never given a man a haircut in her life. She used electric clippers for the whole thing and didn’t even really use scissors to even it out. It’s the worst haircut I’ve ever gotten. I was so sad when I got home and tried to do something with it. When I was still at the salon, I was still hopeful that it looked weird just because there was no product in it and the lady didn’t really style it. Nope. It really is a bad haircut. Next time, I think my salon substitute is the one that needs to make a trip to Iran. With Alfred Molina. Reprising his role as Sayyed Mahmoody.

4 comments:

  1. how is it that alfred molina can be EVERY FREAKING ETHNICITY???? that's not all I got from your post, but WTF?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not anonymous, I'm ninnyb.

    ReplyDelete
  3. one of the most amazing books ever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG thats too funny that you blogged about this and then I watched it. lol

    ReplyDelete