Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Sometimes I go to Vegas for a few hours

As mentioned previously, I was in SLC this past weekend and I flew back to P-town last night. I got to the airport in SLC fairly early and my flight was delayed 40 minutes until 5:40. I got to my gate and the wifi signal was weak, so I moved to up the terminal a bit. I was entertaining myself on Facebook and email and gchat and decided at 5:00 to go check in at the gate to see if anything had changed with my flight. As I'm walking to the gate, I look at my phone and see that it says 6:00. Then I realized that I was keeping track of time on my laptop, which was set to Pacific time. Totally missed my flight.

I got to the gate and all I said was that I missed my flight. Fortunately, the man didn't ask me any questions. He just found a flight to Vegas to put me on that was leaving at 6:30. I got to Vegas and was able to get on a flight that was supposed to leave at 8:25, but ended up being delayed until 9:45. Bottom line, I got to my house at about 1:00 AM. I'm sleepy.

I had fun in SLC. My parents were out of town part of the time I was there and so I decided that since I never threw any keggers in high school when my parents were out of town, I should do it this past weekend. Instead of a kegger though, it was a nice, early evening BBQ with friends and some of their children. It did get a little bit crazy up in there though, when my friend Kevin was taking a 2 liter bottle of Diet Coke from the kitchen out to the back yard and dropped it and it exploded and was spraying in all directions as he ran it back to the kitchen sink. I think his high pitched scream and the look on his face was probably the highlight of the weekend.

4 comments:

  1. Thats a much more dignified way to miss your flight than my excuse... I was running late, and ran down the wrong terminal! All the way down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I want to know is what you did with that extra hour and 20 minutes in Vegas. I'm temporarily revoking the "What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas" rule.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, let me tell you, it got pretty crazy. I had a burrito and then put a dollar in a slot machine and won 50 cents but then lost it all. Then I talked on the phone and got on facebook and gchatted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. my favorite part of our rager was watching the diet coke splatter all over the place and saying 'you have got to be kidding me'. i'm such a supportive wife!

    ReplyDelete