Tuesday, January 5, 2010

BOM BOM POW!

Happy twenty ten. I hope to eventually post something of substance but life is kind of busy right now and substance posts take some time. I have some stuff brewing though. In the meantime, here’s a picture sent in from Ruth. She lives in Utah County, but you may have already guessed that from the picture.

Unfortunately, the read-a-thon already happened. I probably should have posted this sooner. At first I thought it was strange that this was being held at a reception center. After giving it some thought though, I think some shrewd business minds might be at work here. Maybe the read-a-thon is doubling as a speed dating activity. You get a bunch of LDS singles together to read the BOM at a reception center and POW, you have lots of love connections. All these love connections are for sure going to want o have their wedding receptions at the place they initially met. At the Colonial House with the tacky marquee.

5 comments:

  1. I love it! What a genius idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. My uncle owned that place. It was an elegant reception center. But his ex-wife took him for all he was worth and he had to see it after 20+ years of ownership. I've had many family get-togethers and Christmas dinners there. Ah... memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, no longer a nice reception center, it is a private school, and they do other (weird) stuff on the side - political fundraisers, read a thons... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. "How did you two meet?"

    "At a BOM readathon."

    Gag.

    ReplyDelete