Friday, January 22, 2010

Chucky POW!


When I was in SLC for Christmas, I went and visited my grandma. I saw this on display on one of her bookshelves and asked what the crap it was. Oh, it was her doll when she was little. My next question should have been, "Were you ever afraid this doll would kill you in your sleep? I think it must have been the first model of dolls with the feature where the eyes close when you lay it down. It obviously hadn't quite been perfected yet, so the eyes have not only half rolled back in it's head, but they are also sunken in the sockets. This one is especially for you, Ruth. I know of your affinity for creepy dolls.

9 comments:

  1. If you were trying to keep me from sleeping tonight, you just succeeded.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please put me down for 4 of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please stop. This actually gave me the chills, and made my eyes water - like when I watch Signs and see those damn aliens.

    At night, she would probably wake to the feeling of small, cold, porcelain hands pressing against her neck...

    Shall I send a picture of Princess, and we can get those two together. (Yes, I still have her. Hubbin hates her.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i found a doll like that in my closet recently, without memory of putting it there. no joke. scariest thing ever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I keep looking at the doll. I need to stop. It doesn't help that the eyes have a greenish hue to them, in sort of a nod to it's 'poltergeist-ish' appearance.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I think you definitely need to send pictures of princess. I'm pretty sure they could be best friends.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Unless you post soon and get that creepy doll off of here...I'm never reading your blog again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dude, I had the body of the doll re-made as a gift for G-ma. They actually fixed those creepy eyes...it just didn't last. Who knew my attempts at a sentimental gift would turn into a nightmare for all of you. My sincere apologies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahaha! Did I know that you had the doll's body remade? I'm sure our nightmare is grandma's dream come true.

    ReplyDelete