Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Pictures from HK

Ok, I can't upload any of my pictures since I don't have my camera cord, so I stole some pictures from Tara to give you a little bit of a taste. This one is me and G at Victoria Peak. We went Sunday afternoon and the view is apparently amazing, but all we could see was misty fog. We might try again on Friday.




Here's Big Buddha on Lantau Island. And G. Just, you know, contemplating the essence of Buddha.

Of course, before seeing Big Buudha, we had to stop and get some candy floss. Candy floss as big as all of our heads put together. I suggested we save it for later and weave it into an edible blanket.

A distant view of Big Buddha taken from the village.
And this is my new Chinese bride. See how we are hitting it off? We can barely keep our hands off each other. My parents will be so pleased.
Today Tara tasked me with doing some grocery shopping while she put the kids down for naps. I went rogue and bought myself a little treat. Chocolate pretzels for men. I don't know why they are specifically for men. I ate some and it was a long, thin pretzel stick with dark chocolate in the middle. So far nothing has happened. I'll let you know if I notice any changes. G asked for some and I told him he would have to wait until after dinner when his dad is home. Then the men folk can eat them while Tara watches. Because she obviously can't have any.

10 comments:

  1. I'd really like some candy floss right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you're having a blast! I love everything about this post. G, candy floss, Buddha, your potential new Bride, and especially the man pretzels!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need some man pretzels.

    Can you ship me some?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pictures. I also like that in the candy floss globe picture that everyone is watching you, sure that you are a famous American.
    "Check him out with the sunglasses and the ginormous candy floss... I am pretty sure I saw him in a pirated movie last week..."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good call on keeping Tara out of the loop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The picture of you and G sitting below the viewfinder/telescope deal (what in the world are those things called?) is so. stinkin'. cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG you and G are so cute. And I can't wait to meet your new bride.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm going to be standing right where you are in only 8 weeks! I can't wait. I've been planning my trip for about a year now. I am sure if I found a bride my parents would be equally estatic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice pics Jon. Sounds like you're having a really great trip. I'm so looking forward to all the stories and pictures.

    ReplyDelete