Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Am I Right, Ladies?

My friend Krisanne, who has been traveling the world teaching art to children, is back in town for the time being. We hung out on Friday night. We met up with Christina at PDX POP NOW! but not before I had the opportunity to eat a delicious crepe and a fried chocolate peanut butter pie from the food carts on 12th and Hawthorne. We also ended up getting a raspberry shake across the street at Burgerville because we needed restrooms and they were for customers only. Plus, why not chase a fried chocolate peanut butter pie down with a raspberry shake? Am I right, ladies?

After filling our (or I guess more accurately MY) tummies, (Haha, that makes it sound like I have multiple stomachs like a cow. Don’t cows have multiple stomachs?) we went to find Christina for the live music. Krisanne and I were walking side my side when I noticed a man with a particularly beautiful face. I got a little distracted and ran into Krisanne. She immediately apologized and said she was checking out a guy. I confessed to doing the same and we had a good laugh.

This all reminds me of a funny experience I had at work several weeks ago. There is a guy who works in my building who I have noticed because he’s fairly attractive. One day after I ate my lunch at my desk, I rode the elevator down to walk outside and chat on the phone with a friend. I got to the bottom floor and exited the elevator and attractive guy was standing there waiting for an elevator. He looked at me and then started staring pretty intensely at my chest. For a split second I got excited because I thought he was checking me out (because, who doesn’t like to get noticed, am I right, ladies?) Then I realized he looked more like he was trying to figure something out. Turns out I had a large blob of orange colored yogurt smeared on the front of my eggplant colored shirt.

I am going to SLC to get Sunstoned with friends this week. I. Can’t. Wait.

6 comments:

  1. i find it amusing that, like ladies, when a guy is staring at your chest you assume hes checking you out :)

    yay for sunstoned! and burgerville. i seriously need some burgervilleeeeee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "am I right, ladies?" is fun catchphrase. heehee i like it.

    somebody told me mine was "go for it!" I was ~not~ happy with my subconscious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What would make this post even better would be pictures of the food items in question. When you're on a diet (which I am), reading about someone else's good food experiences is a lot like masturbating. We all need to get lucky however we can, I guess ;-)

    And, I'm glad you found my blog, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jon, I used to think I dropped things food on my chest all the time because I'm overweight. You've helped me to realize it's just because I'm old. Welcome to the older generation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like there are attractive men in your neck of the woods...am I right ladies?? Looks like I'll have to come for a visit.

    ReplyDelete