Saturday, January 22, 2011

From Mandi, with love

Did anyone else see the posts on Facebook at the beginning of the year where someone would promise to send something homemade to the first five people to comment, but you had to post the same thing and send something homemade to the first five people to comment on your post? A homemade "pay it forward" if you will. Well, Mandi did that, but hers was the best because she said you didn't have to pay it forward if you didn't want to. I, of course, jumped right on that. I guess that's the kind of guy I am. Sorry, Helen Hunt and Haley Joel Osment.

Mandi made me this gorgeous pillow case with her own two hands and I got it in the mail today. I'm having some of the guys over to watch Angels in America tonight. I'm thinking a fight is going to break out over who gets to use the pillow. I should go hide it before they get here...


Jarrett gave me these hot pads several months ago when he was still living here. Maybe next someone will make me some curtains or a cover for my couch.



Do these men look familiar? They should if you've been reading my blog for a while. These built cartoon men seem to show up every now and then. I think it's a sign. Of what, I'm not sure.

5 comments:

  1. Awesome. Couldn't we all use a little more beefcake in our lives? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hot pads. are those like cloth trivets? or is that a word for potholders? or is it like... a muscle patch.

    i was at this old ladies house and she had this dishwarmer. so your dishes were warm for dinner. i felt like i was living through the 50s! it was amazing. room temperature dishes are now disappointing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh it's just nauseating! Burn it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha! Wow...your friends just love you, don't they? I gotta admit, the pillowcase makes me feel a little icky (but in a most entertaining way, so no offense intended *wink*), but that righthand hot pad gives me an appetite...

    ReplyDelete
  5. i wish i knew where to even get fabric like that.

    also, i totally failed with the pay it forward thing. 5 people did not get gifts from me.

    ReplyDelete