Saturday, November 28, 2009

Cell Phone POW! #6


There has been no spinoff yet. Here, however, is a fantastic pic sent in by Andy, who snapped this of a sign in the building at BYU where he works. I'm thinking BYU printing services should invest in a token dirty minded employee that can help them know that signs with words like penetration can be taken other ways. Maybe though, BYU printing services is run by someone with a sense of humor.
Thanksgiving was fantastic. It started with a delicious breakfast with a good friend and ended with The Blind Side, a movie that I thought was set in the early 90's because of how Sandra Bullock looks in it. It was actually set I think around 2000-2003? I made more sense when I realized that the movie took place in TN. No offense to my friends in TN, you two are nothing but class! Sandra's hair was horrible though. So was her wardrobe. I may have cried a little bit in the movie though.
In between the bookends of my day, I volunteered at a church in Portland and had dinner with my friend Diana and her family and it was d to the licious. Diana is the friend who invited a group of us down to press cider. There were no didgeridoos, but her dad did make the most delicious apple pie ever. Of course.

3 comments:

  1. So I just blogged about "The Blind Side" before seeing yours! And you're right, it took me a while to realize the movie wasn't early 90s. I debated in my head about the year for a while, and then decided that's just how the South is, so the year was irrelevant. :)

    And oh my gosh. I'm so happy to hear that sign was posted at BYU! And I love the idea of a token dirty minded employee. I'd add that to my resume. I remember in one of my education classes, where we learned how to give the Woodcock-Johnson test... I sat and giggled through two months of "woodcock this" and "woodcock that" before I finally passed a note to the people sitting near me, asking if ANYONE else ever thought the same way I did about that test... I got some awkward smiles. Whatever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just cant bring myself to see the movie. its motivational, with football, and sandra bullock, and bad hair, and the south.

    thats basically everything i hate in one movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I may live in the south, but I am no southerner. However, not everyone here has bad clothes and hair, believe it or not. Besides, I am finding that there are distinct differences between areas of the south. We are in the "mid-south" as opposed to the "deep-south" which means what- I'm not sure. I guess its like being from Davis County vs. Utah County. BIG difference. :)

    ReplyDelete