Monday, December 6, 2010

It Doesn't Get Better at Boot Camp

Saturday I went to boot camp. Yes, KDubs, I go to boot camp. We did sprints at the beginning so I was already kind of winded right from the start. Right after the sprints, some guy who is a regular walked past me and put his hand on my shoulder and said, "It gets better." Maybe he looked at me and thought, surely this guy was bullied in gym class. Either way, it didn't get better. It got much worse when we had to do duck walks and bear crawls and burpees and jumping lunges. My thighs are still sore.

My friend Melysses S. Grant is doing the 25 days of Christmas on her blog. As a part of that, she is giving her own in depth analysis and insight into the lyrics of the most beloved of Christmas songs. She's already done Chestnuts Roasting, Mariah Carey's All I Want for Christmas and Jingle Bell Rock. Tomorrow it's going to be Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays by N'sync. You can't wait. She also takes requests and does lip syncs as well.

4 comments:

  1. so. i already forgot what the exercise duck walks looks like & can only picture a class full of people dancing. their asses off. like the fitness reality tv game show.

    also. the word verification for this is fanciest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. KPDubs. I invented burpees.

    Paul, here's the video you linked to last time I talked about duck walks.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtNTOP44Yn4
    That's pretty close to what we were doing. :)

    ReplyDelete