Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Resolving to be bigger

I posted this quote almost exactly a year ago and I thought it was something worth posting again as a New Year's resolution of sorts. Typically, New Year's resolutions involve not getting bigger, but I whole heartedly endorse this kind of bigness:

By size I mean the stature of [your] soul, the range and depth of [your] love, [your] capacity for relationships. I mean the volume of life you can take into your being and still maintain your integrity and individuality, the intensity and variety of outlook you can entertain in the unity of your being without feeling defensive or insecure. I mean the strength of your spirit to encourage others to become freer in the development of their diversity and uniqueness. I mean the power to sustain more complex and enriching tensions. I mean the magnanimity of concern to provide conditions that enable others to increase in stature.

-Bernard Loomer

Let's be big!

5 comments:

  1. i was just thinking about this, about how much i've grown this year and how i still have a lot of growing to do :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this! great seeing you last night, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go big or go home!
    (I'll just have a piece of yours. . .)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post. I'm taking it into account when formulating my goals for the new year. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete