Friday, December 31, 2010

My New Year's wish for you

I am working today and I went over to the mall during lunch. The building I work in is connected to a mall by a skybridge, so I'm frequently over there during lunch eating or reading at Barnes & Noble. Today I read through some of John Stewart's new book and afterwards I had to use the bathroom before returning to work. Those bathrooms are not my favorite to use; they are pretty gross. I decided to use it anyway. After washing my hands, I started walking to the door and realized I forgot to grab a paper towel to open the bathroom door. A couple of dudes walked in though, so I hurried towards the door as it was closing to stick my foot in the crack and kick it open. Not only did I not succeed in trying to avoid touching the germ infested door with my hand, but my feet both completely slipped out from underneath me and I fell flat on my back on the wet public bathroom floor.

Happy New Year! I hope you don't fall down on a dirty public bathroom floor!

11 comments:

  1. Hahaha!!! I'm laughing hard right now, which is a tiny bit awkward because the door to the neighboring office is open and now he's going to realize I'm not doing things that are work related!! Hope the rest of the year 'picks up' for you. Happy New Year ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that's embarrassing. Many businesses understand the need to avoid touching the door handle and have installed foot operated door openers like StepNpull. StepNpull gives you the option of pulling the door open with your foot instead of touching the handle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Jeez. I am sorry. That sounds traumatic! Happy New Year! (Your post kind of reminds me of that episode of Seinfeld where Jerry's belt hit side of a public bathroom urinal and he threw it in the trash...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I appreciate that wish. I hope wish it for you in 2011.

    And, for that matter, 2012, 2013, 2014....

    ReplyDelete
  5. At least you didn't hit your head and end up in a germ-laden coma? Happy New Year, baybee!

    ReplyDelete
  6. happy new hyears.

    american bathrooms ain't got nothing on the ones here. i feel like i'm absorbing disease through my skin. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bwahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  8. My boss fainted for no reason one time and fell in a public bathroom (okay it was at a Stanford's) and chipped his tooth on the way down. So it could definitely be worse.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I guess I can be grateful that I didn't end up in a coma and toothless on the bathroom floor. That would have put a damper on my NYE.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hahah that made me laugh. Sorry about that! I would feel disgusting after something like that happened.

    And happy new year!

    ReplyDelete