Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I'm a bigot

Someone at work recently sent me a forward about a dog named Faith. This dog was born with only two legs (the hind ones), and his loving and patient owner couldn't bear the thought of him not being able to get around on his own, so she taught him to walk on his hind legs. Below is one of the several pictures that accompanied what is supposed to be a heart warming story.

I chose this one because it appears as though Faith is out for a day of shopping and happened to run into some admiring fans. White shirt lady is completely in love with him. He's not interested though; he's posing for the person that is snapping a picture with his/her phone. I imagine that he makes snarky comments and has the voice of Triumph, the Insult Comic Dog. Look him up if you've never heard of him.

This forward wasn't heart warming to me. This dog totally creeps me out. As a matter of fact, I would feel very uncomfortable in this dog's presence. I'm not sure what kind of person that makes me? Is it bigotry if dogs with disabilities make you feel uneasy? Tell me this though, wouldn't you feel just a little bit uncomfortable if your doorbell rang and you found Faith standing there on your doorstep? Would YOU invite him in?

5 comments:

  1. Id probably stare uncontrollably at the pup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. no, i would not invite him in! i do not want him sitting at my table for dinner--using my silverware (oh wait, he doesn't have arms--i'm so confused, is he part human?). me no likey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. At first I was creeped out, but I think I would be okay with it if the owner fashioned a little vest with doll arms on it. I think what gets me is that he looks very uncomfortable. Maybe with a dolly-arm jacket he would look more balanced... I hope he talks like Triumph too...

    ReplyDelete
  4. it looks photoshopped to me. what a creepy dog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would not be freaked out. I would invite him in. I like strange beings. It explains why I love you so much.

    ReplyDelete