Thursday, July 30, 2009

I'd like to think I'm Neo

Sometimes I get a little too confident in my ability to do tricks, and it usually doesn't end well. These episodes are often somehow associated with the Matrix and involve me thinking I can do tricks like this guy:




At BYU, where I first saw Neo's moves, I attempted to do this in my apartment, much to the amusement (and encouragement) of my roommates:


Sorry, I could only find a video game picture of Neo wall running. I don't think I injured myself during this incident, but I'm pretty sure I left a mark on the wall.

Another incident occurred this week, and I'll just chalk it up to feeling overly confident with my newly found athlete status. I got together this week with a group of friends to have a water fight to help cool off from Heat Wave 2009. We had a slip 'n slide and water guns so I, of course, had to try this move:



Don't try that move unless you are 5 and only weigh 60 pounds. It's not recommended if you are 31 and weigh 185 pounds. Your neck and back will hurt for a few days.

6 comments:

  1. Your post cracked me up. Yes, our younger bodies adapt to what we think we want to do much better versus our older bodies and what we actually do. This was a hilarious post. Thanks for the good laugh. I hope your back and neck got better. Your post reminded me of the MANY things I thought I could do, but only in my dreams. LOL
    Stay well.
    Jordan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I want my five year old trying that move:) Hope you heal quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. slip and slides are pretty much a free trip to the er :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Although given the chance, the Hastings Family 5-year-old would do it in a heart beat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Surely there's a movie with the "other" stunt that you and I pulled... I just can't think which one. On a side note-- the last time I attempted a stunt that I used to do when I was 7 and probably 70 lbs. left me with a broken tailbone. Jumping from a second story balcony onto the trampoline isn't what it used to be I'm afraid.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you never quit trying to do moves from the Matrix, and other works of fiction when so inspired.

    ReplyDelete