Tuesday, September 1, 2009

How disturbing is this

I had a dream last night that people thought I died. I think I only came close to death though, I didn't totally die. Because people thought I was dead, they had me embalmed. I remember lying on the cold steel table and feeling the warm fluid move through my body as it replaced my blood and interstitial fluids. Unfortunately, it wasn't until after the embalming process was finished that they discovered that I wasn't actually dead. For some strange reason, the embalming didn't kill me either. The rest of my dream was spent in search of someone who could disembalm me. There were rumors that people existed who could perform such a task, but the difficult part was finding them. There was a faceless, genderless person who was assisting me in my search. I woke up before I found a disembalmer, so if anyone is in need of one, sorry, I can't help you.

If you haven't just recently eaten or are not going to eat for a while, the wikipedia article on the embalming process linked above is actually quite interesting.

People are probably slowly backing away from this blog now...

6 comments:

  1. i once had a dream that i died and i was a ghost, so i left ghostly chalk messages on the sidewalk to the people i loved but didnt get to say goodbye to, and my exboyfriend could hear me and everyone thought he was crazy and i was lonely and it was weird.

    if i find a disembalmer i'll let you know :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes...truly disturbing...:) I am glad you are ok!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's comforting that I am not the only one who has such bizarre dreams. I am not sure what embalming means in dream mythology, but rest assured people would miss you, and we would check to make sure you are quite dead before you were embalmed. Think of the advantages of being pre-embalmed! You would be like the Egypt kings of old, and perhaps wouldn't age as you wouldn't have any blood to get old... You could be like that guy in the vampire movie that escapes my memory right now...
    Underworld! That's it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a little twisted, embalmed but yet alive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe that's what the resurrection is like, being embalmed and living through it.

    And that article is fascinating, I can't believe how much massaging of the corpse goes on. Shudder.

    ReplyDelete