Friday, August 28, 2009

Keep Portland Weird!


My friend Stina is an expert on Portland culture. She's the one that got me hooked on PCP. This lady keeps a full calendar that includes local musicians' concerts, food and yesterday a couple friends and I accompanied her to Last Thursday, a street fair slash gypsy carnival slash woodstock event. The above picture (which I stole, thanks Stina:) pretty much sums it all up. We had some delicious food. Savory crepes, peanut butter crispies and Korean tacos from the Koi Fusion truck. We declined, however, the hash infused Fruity Pebbles treats that were offered to us. We also learned that NASA has plans to bomb the moon in October (no, we did not learn this from the same guy trying to sell us the hash treats). We dismissed it as ridiculous, but upon further research on the interweb today, I think there might actually be something to it. I'll let you decide.
At any rate, if you ever find yourself in Portland and want to exerience true Portland counterculture, talk to Stina. She'll tell you where to go.

8 comments:

  1. if its legal, i'm marrying the city of portland. i love it that much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lived in Portland for a few months right out of High School. Saturday Market, dragon boat festival, rose festival chinatown and 21st/23rd ave were incredible experiences for me. (papa haydn anyone???) I worked at a bridal shop in the Tower at John's landing. There was a Kobos coffee shop there that had amazing apricot italian sodas. If it weren't for my serious aversion to clouds I'd live there today. Let me know if the weather ever becomes more San Diego-like. . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so true. I've told Stina that she's my new google. I no longer turn to the internet when I'm trying to find the best place for sushi, I just text my favorite food/events adviser. It makes me a little sad that there's so much of Portland I haven't experienced yet! I love it here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the free publicity. Helping others experience the beauties and the odities of P-Town justifies my obsessive compulsive behavior. I think we made a mistake by not trying the hash treats though...go big or go home, right?
    PS You owe me $50 for the use of my photo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How about if I charge you $50 for the publicity and we call it even. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh and missmoon, you have excellent taste. Papa Haydn's is delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those Korean tacos! Just need to get a fancy phone so I can find them more often

    ReplyDelete