Monday, August 31, 2009

This and that

Saturday I did something horrible to my back. I think I might have slept on it in a weird way Friday night and then I went to step Saturday morning. Frank, had us doing some crazy stuff at the end with our weights and after we finished my back seized up. From that moment on through the rest of Saturday I moved like a woman who is 9 month's pregnant. (I'd say that I feel your pain, Tara, but I'm pretty sure a sore back for a day doesn't cut it.)

Anyway, I spent the better part of Saturday laying on my couch, icing and catching up on my DVR. One thing I watched was some Primtime special on Teddy Kennedy. They, of course, showed many photos of Teddy with his two older brothers. I've seen many of these pictures before but this time I was kind of struck by what a good looking man Teddy was back in the day. I would even go so far as to say that he was probably the best looking of the Kennedy brothers that went into politics. The eldest Kennedy brother, Joe, died in WWII. Teddy is in the middle below. I guess he's the only one we have seen grow to be an old man.


As a side note, Frank told me after class on Saturday that he started a cheesecake company called Frankly Delicious. Go to his website and buy cheesecakes. Then come to his class with me and do step to burn them off.
Oh, and one more interesting side note. The last time I hurt my back like this was when I had a dream that I was digging trenches and had a strict deadline. I woke up and felt like someone had taken the shovel I was digging with and beat me in the back with it. No lie.

7 comments:

  1. Ok I guess I can agree that he is the better looking out of the Kennedy brothers... still that's weird to think about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed on Teddy... so many teeth in that picture!!! Hope the back is better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. jon, i hope you're not pregnant (remember...the dream?????).

    p.s. speaking of the kennedy's...sort of...do you watch mad men? just might the best show ever (besides sytycd, of course) i am obsessed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I get the connection, men who were good looking in the 40's? I haven't seen it but I've heard it's fantastic. So far the pregnancy tests have come back negative...

    ReplyDelete
  5. A kennedy death, and Michael Jackson. Some of the times in my life that I miss TV. They are getting fewer and further between- except when I'm folding laundry. Then I crave it like crazy. Oh, and wimbledon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yay for Frank starting the Cheesecake business! Too bad that we already have a caterer for the wedding!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. teddy kennedy, why???

    also, if i had money i would buy cheesecake and come to step with you.

    ReplyDelete