Saturday, August 15, 2009

Reunited. And it feels so good.


This lady is finally back in the country and she cut my hair today. No more disastrous cuts by the other lady at the salon. For my last haircut, I went to Hair M. I didn't like it there. It seemed like a Hooter's, but haircuts instead of burgers. They employ many lovely ladies to cut your hair and give you a beer to drink (I got water), and there's a TV for you to watch ESPN. I don't know if they intentionally named the place to sound like "harem", but it seems appropriate.

Anyhow, my lady made it back safe and sound. She said she had 10 days of peace and quiet and then that's when Iran had their election, quickly followed by riots and chaos. She said she wasn't too worried about being there in the middle of the chaos, because in her words, "if you die, you're just dead." She was more concerned about making it back to America. And she did. Apparently, things started to die back down about the time she left. Too bad. She said before she went though, that she wasn't expecting the trip to be a relaxing vacation.


Speaking of people in Iran, have you seen this one? Love it.

2 comments:

  1. i havent had a haircut at a haircut place since i was a sophomore in highschool. i always have friends do it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay Jon, I finally got on here and I'm sorry I didn't do it sooner. You always make my day. Can we get together soon, we are in Utah for 2 weeks but maybe when we get back . . .

    ReplyDelete