Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Dinner for one

Jarrett sent me this picture that his friend Kristal snapped of a TV tray table that she found at a second hand store. I'm not sure who would have ever given up this fantastice decoupaged piece of work. I'm also not sure why Kristal didn't buy the table.

Strangely enough, I think I've seen another TV watching accessory made out of that same material. My friend JaneAnne (who I sing with) and her husband are fairly involved in the Portland Affirmation group. Back in December we had a get together with the choir we both sing in and the same night was the Affirmation Christmas party. JaneAnne asked me if I wanted to go with her to the Affirmation party after our choir thing and catch the last part, which was the white elephant gift exchange. I went and I swear there was a pillow that was part of the exchange that was made out of the exact same material.

Actually, if I remember correctly, I think someone at the party actually made the pillow. Now I'm wondering if they also decoupaged this tray table. I think the next step clearly is to make a matching Snuggie. Can you think of a better way to welcome my home teachers over for a visit? "Go ahead and share your message while I sit here in my Snuggie and finish up dinner. Here's a pillow if you need some lower back support."

Other funny side note about this party: the gift that I brought was a pair of baggy gangsta' jeans that I got from Marshall's for Halloween. I failed to notice that the patch on the side of the jeans had the words "raw & uncut". It didn't take long however for other party goers to catch that and get some mileage from it.

PS, I love Zooey Deschanel. I guess that should come as no surprise, because as my friend Ninny told me, every man is in love Zooey Deschanel, even (and I would probably say especially) the gay ones.

7 comments:

  1. "Raw and uncut"? hahaha. And I am simply in love with that print. I think I should make my whole bedding out of that and then have my parents over to tour my apt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Zooey too. It's funny to see her sister on Bones, but that Zooey is one of a kind. No one should be allowed to be that beautiful, talented and be able to sing like that.

    I will now start an internet search for that type of fabric. Not sure what to search under, however...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my land! this would look so perfect in my new place!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that pillow thing reminds me of the episode of 30 rock where james franco is in love with a pillow.

    "men make objects for many purposes, but they never love objects." thats what your home teachers would say :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that decoupage fabric is even more Tom of Finland than the cowboy pillow. I have it on pretty good authority that there will be another cowboy pillow at next year's exchange.

    And what kind of friend didn't buy that for you!??! You know I would have snapped it up in a heartbeat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Come on Jon, just admit you patched those words on yourself!

    ReplyDelete