Monday, March 29, 2010

To Catch a Predator

So yesterday Konrad came to church with me. I was trying to give him directions to the church, but it’s kind of hard to find. I was trying to think of an easy place to find just off the freeway near the church where we could meet and for some reason the first thing that popped into my head was Chuck E. Cheese. I quickly realized when I got there that probably wasn’t the best idea. I wasn’t sure what kind of car he drives, so I was slowly driving through the parking lot of Chuck E. Cheese, leering into all the cars to see if I could see him. Fortunately, no one called the police, or if they did, I found Konrad and we left before Chris Hansen showed up with the cameras.


Saturday, Jarrett and I went hiking at Silver Falls State Park where a man died the same day. We were stopped on the trail by some women and they were there to warn us that someone had died just around the bend. She wasn’t very clear about what had happened though and she said she wanted to warn us in case it was the type of thing that bothered us and she said, “It’s dead.” I thought she was trying to tell us that the waterfall had dried up or something and was warning us of that in case we didn’t want to continue hiking only to be disappointed. I said, “It’s dead? Like the waterfall is dead?” I was the thick one. Jarrett said he sensed someone had died when the women first stopped us.

Two weeks from today I will be in Hong Kong hanging out with these two!

8 comments:

  1. Jarrett has a pretty good sense for the dead. :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post made me laugh. I probably looked super creepy myself as I sat in the parking lot there and just watched all the people walking in and out. And funnily enough I was wearing a trench coat and reclining in my seat (since I was tired). So if we had been there much longer im sure we would have had a police car pulling up soon! hahah

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahahah. i would have been inside the chuck e cheese being creepy.

    i have a picture from a date at chuck e cheese on my wall... they could have thought we were two kidnappers. but then again I had a brief and awful(aka worst ever) stint working at the CEC i would go to. so they know who i am.

    ----------------------

    hahaha. i love to catch a predator. they need to learn to be more ambiguous with what they say online.

    Pred: How old are you?
    Kid: 14
    Pred: What? You are over 18 and of age? Lets have consensual fun time. that won't involve having sex, even though you probably want that right?
    Kid: Um. Yeah. but i'm 14.
    Pred: Oh. You're such a joker you legal adult! I'm coming over.

    You would think they would learn to go to the house with a jetpack on and be all, "hey this is the plumber here for the estimate... are you doing laundry or getting iced tea from the kitchen/back room?"

    hahaha i'm so creepy! too bad my awesome genius is wasted on not being a pedophile. just kidding.

    predators are no joke. (except when they get that -aww crap- look and "Oh mah gawd. OH MAH GAWD! my wife can't see this!")

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man, it's been a long time since i've been to silver falls state park!

    ReplyDelete
  5. a guy died by jumping off a bridge onto the max tracks a couple weeks ago and it made me late for work. i had to call my boss, and it sounded like a really fake excuse- "hey, sorry i'm going to be late, but a guy just commit suicide in front on the train ii was on, and then the police came... i'll be in soon?"

    why did she say "it died?" that just doesnt make sence.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Of Course Jarrett would sense a dead person!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chuck E. Cheese??? Really?!? Oh, and one of these days, the news story is gonna be ABOUT Chris Hansen. Just wait.

    As for Jarrett sensing the dead, I will refrain from gratuitous references to "The Sixth Sense" as I assume he's heard them all. But kudos to him for feeling the tremor in the Force.

    ReplyDelete