Friday, May 21, 2010

Costa Rica POW!

It's Friday night and my parents are asleep and so I am blogging. They are troopers. I took them with me to my friend Diana's birthday party tonight. Diana snapped a picture of both of them sitting on the couch texting. Hopefully I don't get blacklisted from future parties for being the guy that brings his parents to parties. :)

This picture is a gem and it was taken by Sheri when she and Megan were vacationing in Costa Rica. Apparently, this couple was changing on the beach, but were trying to be discrete. Only problem is that they must not have realized that the tree didn't cover the part of them that they should have been the most concerned about covering. I'm just hoping that's all they stripped down to.


Also, not sure if anyone heard but the church pulled the plug on Mormon Doctrine by Bruce R. McConkster. I remember when I was younger thinking that the book was just that, Mormon Doctrine. It gets quoted like it is. However, the McConkster said some pretty crazy stuff in there. Like blacks will never have the priesthood and the Catholic church is the whore of all the earth. If Bruce were still alive, I'd try to set him up with Dale Carnegie, so that Dale could help him learn how to win friends and influence people. I'm pretty sure calling other churches whores isn't on the list. Here's a good article from the Salt Lake Tribune by Peggy Fletcher Stack. And here's a great post by my friend Paul. Paul's got an excellent grasp on church history and church culture and has just enough snark to make it lots of fun. :)

3 comments:

  1. i did see that from your link list. and it does get quoted like its mormon doctrine. i bet it still will be alot of the time. its hard for people to change.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bruce R. McConkster, the McConkmeister, the McConkinator, Brucerooni. I think "just enough snark to make it lots of fun" is now in the running as an epitaph for my headstone. Thanks for linking to my post (and for encouraging me to write it)!

    So did your parents enjoy their time on the beach in Costa Rica? Oh, wait, you're telling two different stories. Oops. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha, and your comment, Pablo, is in the running for best comment ever.

    ReplyDelete