Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Cigarette POW! #8

I decided to do an early POW! because the end of the week is going to be busy. This edition is cigarette themed! Weee!!! So this first picture comes once again from Desha and was taken in the Izmir, Turkey International Airport. Apparently, you can buy your cigs in bulk over there. If you want Desha to pick you up a couple of pallets, you're too late. She's already back in America. Plus, smoking kills.

If the whole smoking kills thing is new to you, and you are now wondering what to do with all the thousands of packages of cigarettes that you have at home. Here's an idea sent in from MNJ in TN. Cigarette art!!! Double weee!!! Apparently, this is a 5' by 5' picture woven from 5,782 packs of cigarettes. That's a whole lot of lung cancer turned into beautiful wall art for your home.

My concert is on Friday night. If you are in or around Portland and still haven't bought a ticket and want to, send me an email and I will get you the deets. Whoever sells the most tickets gets two nights in a condo on the coast!

7 comments:

  1. my friends and i used to make collages. my favorites were the ones we made from cigarette adds: surgeon general warning: smoking hot whitney huston may lead to exploding heads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that the cigarrettes spell I Heart Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's hilarious, I didn't notice the I heart Jesus message.

    ReplyDelete
  4. & just so you know, I love Jesus is done out of the aluminum foil from the inside of the pack - gives it that extra sparkle you should have when refering to Him!

    I'm in print! Thanks - MNJ

    ReplyDelete
  5. So what you're saying is that if you win, you're taking me to the coast for a romantic getaway? That's so sweet. I'll start packing. I love the coast.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wish we were "in or around the area". Good luck tongiht!

    ReplyDelete