Friday, December 18, 2009

Let's be big

By size I mean the stature of [your] soul, the range and depth of [your] love, [your] capacity for relationships. I mean the volume of life you can take into your being and still maintain your integrity and individuality, the intensity and variety of outlook you can entertain in the unity of your being without feeling defensive or insecure. I mean the strength of your spirit to encourage others to become freer in the development of their diversity and uniqueness. I mean the power to sustain more complex and enriching tensions. I mean the magnanimity of concern to provide conditions that enable others to increase in stature.

-Bernard Loomer

2 comments:

  1. i think i'm making that a new years resolution. but the kind i actually work on keeping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is the crux "the volume of life you can take into your being and still maintain your integrity..." No one ever became flexible by forcing themselves to do the splits once.

    ReplyDelete