Monday, December 21, 2009

I got married this weekend!!

Well, I pretended to get married. I can’t tell you how ecstatic my bishop would be if I actually had gotten married. A friend of mine has a design blog called frolic! It was named in a London Times article as one of 50 of the world’s best design blogs. It’s no wonder. Did you click on the link? Adorable.

She recently did an article for Project Wedding about a simple, at home wedding during the holidays and asked me to play the part of the groom for the pictures that accompanied the article. As you can see, the bride was lovely. Too bad she has a boyfriend. And I’m gay. Otherwise, I’m sure we would make a magical couple.

The house that we did the shoot at was incredibly charming and cozy, as you can see in the pictures. I also thoroughly enjoyed watching someone so creative and talented at work. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have a honeymoon to go on…

7 comments:

  1. but at least there are awesome blogs to make up for our life problems :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your fake wedding was lovely. I still think you should send out those pictures, set up a registry, and see what kinds of gifts you get! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Ruth. That would be awesome. Love the design--and where is that chapel? One of these days I think David and I should renew our vows, because frankly I don't think there's any such thing as committing too much, when it's the right person. Well, that and I love weddings. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. only a gay guy would interrupt his honeymoon to blog about his wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Zing! Well played, marriedtoamoho. Janeannchovy, it was actually just a house in LO. Like borderline West Linn. The church looking structure is actually an art studio next to the house. It looks like it was probably some tool shed originally. Chelsea just went and knocked on their door and asked if she could take pictures for an article.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha, ha!! Well said. Thanks for the nice words and thanks again for being such a great model!

    ReplyDelete
  7. and MNJ wanted me to be sure to tell you how handsome you looked. but not in a lovey gay-guy type of way. You look different than both of us had imagined. that's always fun.

    ReplyDelete