Monday, December 7, 2009

What I was up to this weekend...


Friday night I went and saw Portland Cello Project’s Holiday concert at the Aladdin. It wasn’t quite as high energy as the show that I went to at the Doug Fir in August, but it was fun. It was ugly Christmas sweater themed (those types of parties seem to be all the rage these days), and I wore the above pictured sweatshirt. Please notice that the snowman is winking. Also, please note that even though the way my sweatshirt is bunching makes it looks like I have breasts, I don’t. (Wouldn’t that be the ultimate twist if I suddenly revealed myself as a large breasted woman!)

The fun part of the evening was looking around and trying to decide who was actually serious about their sweater. We had a hard time determining how serious the woman near us was who was wearing a tree skirt as a poncho.

My cold was lingering yesterday and so I decided not to go to church. I have to admit I was a little bit disappointed when I heard that the power went out and they ended up only having sacrament meeting anyway.

BTW, I’m still meditating. Not every day, but often. I haven’t had any really profound experience so far, but it’s a nice way to center myself before starting the day.

I also have a confession to make. All this time I’ve been leading you on and letting you believe that I have a Snuggie. I actually have a knock-off, and it’s called a Snuzzle. There, I feel much lighter now. I’m actually considering wearing it to work tomorrow, because it’s FREEZING.

8 comments:

  1. Poser. Snuzzle this!

    Glad you cleared up the sweatshirt in question. I was wondering how you got a woman to let you take such a close up shot of her chest.. "Pardon me, madame while I take a mocking close up shot of your shirt...." bah ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you wear this with baggie jeans that say "raw and uncut" on them? Oh, yeah. I am laughing just writing that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha, someone has apparently been talking to JaneAnne.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny, the first thing I thought of when I saw this post was..."Geezer, that's an awfully close shot of a woman's chest...how awkward." Where did you find such a sweatshirt?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christina found it for $10 at JC Penny

    ReplyDelete
  6. Take my advice: do not wear your snuzzle to work. Professional offices do not take kindly to it. Not that I would know first hand. No, not me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jon, as I drove to work this morning, and the exterior temperature on my car read 18 degrees, I sincerely hoped you had followed through and brought that snuzzle/snuggie/monk robe to work.

    ReplyDelete